Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sail Away with me!

Hi everyone!

I just finished a card for a challenge that was posted on Pals Paper Arts. It was an interesting sketch but the thought of putting different patterns of DSP together on one card...well that is way out of my comfort zone!  LOL...guess what?  It was fun and I was really happy with the way my card turned out!   Sketches are a lovely way to get my creative muse back!  Here is the sketch:


I used 3 different Designer Papers from Stampin'Up! (all retired) but all from the same package and I can't remember the name of them....I'm a bit of a paper hoarder!  This was the hard part for me, mixing DSP...not something I've done before!  It was great to have a sketch too!  Anyway, here's the card I came up with...hope you like it!



I used a black card base of 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"  The art piece is Very Vanilla, I stamped the ship from the 'Open Sea' in Black Stazon, used my new 'Gorgeous Grunge' for the water and stamped it in Crumb Cake. I also sponged the clouds in Crumb Cake as well.

Here's a close up of the clouds..love how they turned out!  For the template I freehand cut a piece of cardstock to look like a cloud, placed the template down and sponged away from the template, moving it around as I sponged.


The little banner is from Affection Collection (retired) and stamped in Black Stazon, cut and mounted with dimensionals.  Then I added a small bow to finish it.

For the final touch I made an envelope to fit and lined it with the same designer paper that I used on the card...pretty...I love finishing touches!  That was a fun challenge!



Thanks so much for stopping by to share your time with me!  Hope your week ahead is wonderful!

Hugs ~ Judy


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this....what a great masculine creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, that is perfect! I can think of several times I would send a card just like this - thanx for the details. P.S. I am a paper hoarder too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I especially love your banner! Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job on mixing DSP, it is a lot of fun and makes the prettiest cards. Just beautiful. Thanks for having fun with the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete