Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Sky is the Limit!


Hi everyone!

I have another quick card to share with you today.  I inked up the World Traveler embossing folder with Island Indigo ink, placed my card layer inside and ran it through my Big Shot.

Then I used a sponge dauber and Crumb Cake ink to rub on the continents and with a little of Island Indigo residue, the colour turned a pretty shade of green.  I love it when surprises happen! Next, I stamped the plane in Black Memento Ink and fussy cut it out.



I added some silver cording to the back of the plane on each side and then to the center of the sentiment so that it looks like the plane is flying a Happy Birthday banner.

Below is a close up of the propeller I made.  I covered a scrap of cardstock with tin foil (using double sided sticky tape) and cut out a circle using the smallest circle die. Then I cut into it so that it looks like a propeller...lol...well it sort of looks like a propeller! I attached the propeller to the plane with a small brad.  


To finish, I distressed the art piece layer on all sides, layered it on a black panel, then to the Island Indigo card base.

This card was fun, easy and I got lots of ink on my fingers too! What could be better!

I hope you're having a great day, thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Hugs ~ Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment